I wanted to write this down so I didn’t forget about it in case I had to do it again for any reason. I also had a couple friends ask me to help them. It’s extremely easy to fix it, but it did take me a while to find out what exactly was wrong and where to get the new files.
- The MySQL.prefPane for OS X 10.5 is wrong.
- MySQLCOM is in the wrong directory.
To fix this:
- First download the appropriate version of OS X you need: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/
- Install it.
- You will then need to download the fix here: ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/MySQL.prefPane-leopardfix.zip
- Install the new pane. It won’t work yet!
- Execute this command in terminal: sudo mv /usr/local/MySQLCOM /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM
- Go back to the MySQL preference pane and start the MySQL server. Voila!
This bug is documented here: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25008
LIKE THIS POST?
Sign up for updates and get fresh content delivered straight to your inbox.